WHAT TO EXPECT
THE INITIAL CONSULTATION
At White Orthodontics, your initial consultation is complimentary. This is your chance to learn more about how orthodontics can help you achieve your dream smile. Your appointment will consist of:
- A review of your medical and dental history
- A complete oral exam with x-rays and photos, if needed
- A treatment plan tailored to you
- A discussion about the financial investment
CHOOSING WHITE ORTHODONTICS
When you choose to move forward with treatment at White Orthodontics, your next steps will be to:
- Decide which treatment option (Invisalign, braces, etc.) is the best fit for your lifestyle
- Review the contract and financial agreement
- High-five Dr. White 😉
- Schedule your next appointment
- Feel confident that you made the right decision!
TREATMENT HAS BEGUN, NOW WHAT?
The fun begins! Our treatment works around-the-clock, but we need to be certain that it is headed in the right direction about every 12-16 weeks with clear aligners and 5-7 weeks with braces. Usually these adjustment appointments are fairly quick. We understand that scheduling appointments (with consideration to work and school and extracurriculars) can be inconvenient, so we try to combine family appointments when possible to fit your busy lifestyles. Appointment breakdown: Clear Aligners (20 minutes)
- Take progress photos
- Check the fit of the aligners and ensure that the teeth are tracking properly
- Deliver additional aligners
- Schedule the following appointment
- Remove colored or clear ties and the wires on the braces, then let you brush your teeth
- Make adjustments to the wires and brackets
- Retie with new colors
- Set up the following appointment
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP THINGS ALONG?
Orthodontic treatment is teamwork. It involves the doctor and YOU. There are several steps you can take to ensure the best and fastest route to your beautiful healthy smile:
- Keep regular appointments We have flexible appointment times to work around active lifestyles. Sticking to the recommended schedule ensures the fastest treatment time.
- Take good care Brushing and flossing is very important during orthodontic treatment. While clear aligners can be used to get a beautiful smile, it is extremely important to properly care for them to avoid undesired results. The same goes for braces! We don’t want to see permanent stains when those brackets come off (and neither do you!). Dr. White takes this part of treatment seriously and requires commitments from patients and parents to avoid those unfortunate consequences. He and the staff will give you all the tools necessary and give regular updates on how you are doing.
- Watch what you eat Clear aligners offer quite an advantage when it comes to food. Nothing is off limits! Braces, on the other hand, require careful decisions. Tooth movement is best achieved when brackets and buttons are attached to the teeth, so sticking to a braces-friendly diet will ensure less emergencies and uninterrupted treatment.