THE INITIAL CONSULTATION
At White Orthodontics your initial consultation is complimentary. This is your chance to learn more about how orthodontics can help you achieve your dream smile. Your appointment will consist of:
- Review of your medical and dental history
- Complete oral exam with x-rays and photos needed to determine if treatment is necessary.
- A thorough overview of your current orthodontic status and how we can improve your smile.
- Discuss financial information including a personalized in office interest free financing. We will also discuss any additional incentives you may be eligible for at that time, like payment in full discounts.
APPOINTMENT #2: RECEIVE YOUR ALIGNERS
GETTING STARTED WITH TREATMENT
We understand that scheduling appointments around work and school is hard to do, so along with convenient after work/school hours, we will try to combine as many appointments as possible to fit your busy lifestyles. When you choose to move forward with treatment at White Orthodontics your next steps will be:
- Sign the initial financial agreement
- Review of consents and other paperwork to set up the financial plan
- Choosing which orthodontic option you prefer that can best align your smile
- Paying the down payment
- Making your next appointment to receive your aligners
TREATMENT HAS BEGUN, NOW WHAT
The fun begins! Our treatment is set up to continue working while you are away from the office, but we need to be certain that it is activated and headed the right direction about every 12-16 weeks with clear aligners and 5-7 weeks with braces. Usually these adjustment appointments are fairly quick.
Clear Aligners (10-15 minutes)
Clear Aligners (10-15 minutes)
- Take progress photos
- Check contacts between the teeth to ensure that no two teeth are too tight together
- Deliver additional aligners
- Schedule next appointment
- Remove your colored or clear ties on the braces, brush.
- Make adjustments to the wires or brackets.
- Retie with new colors. You can be as creative or discrete in your choices as you want!
- Set up your next appointment.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP THINGS ALONG?
Orthodontic treatment is teamwork. It involves the doctor and YOU. There are several steps you can take to ensure the best and fastest route to your beautiful healthy smile.
- Maintain appointments.
We understand that life happens, which is why we have flexible appointment times to work around your sometimes hectic lives. The better you stick to your individualized recommended schedule, the faster you will see your smile change.
- Clean up.
Brushing and flossing never before has been more important than during orthodontic treatment. While clear aligners can be used to get beautiful results, it is extremely important to properly care for them to avoid undesired results. Dr. White takes this part of treatment extremely seriously and requires the commitment from patient and parents to be sure you avoid those unfortunate consequences. He and the staff will give you all the tools necessary and give regular updates on how you are doing.
Clear aligners offer quite an advantage here. The only restriction with clear aligners is based on pain threshold. If it hurts, move to something softer. Braces, on the other hand, require careful attention. The key to moving teeth is keeping braces and buttons attached to the teeth. Sticking to a braces friendly diet will ensure less emergencies and that movement continues forward.